Saturday, June 06, 2020

I have siblings, a fraternity brother, and friends that are law enforcement officers. They possess deep levels of integrity, courage, and selflessness that make them my heroes. I know they would never use force excessive enough to place an offender in a life threatening situation. I would put my life in their hands. I would give my life for theirs. So what am I getting at?

Law enforcement in the United States is not being held accountable and is rife with racism. Black Lives Matter seeks systemic change in policing. There are too many officers that have disgraced the badges they wear and should be in prisons. But don’t forget those that hold the words “To Serve and Protect” sacred. They are people like you and me--with loved ones, living their lives, and trying to be the best they can be, 

[Just a note. Don’t fall for # ACAB. The vast majority of people using this hashtag are white supremacists trying to defame the BLM Movement. They are weak and vile cowards hoping to turn peace into hate.]

No comments: