Sunday, September 27, 2020

“Sometimes exhaustion is not a result of too much time spent on something, but of knowing that in its place, no time is spent on something else.”  ― Joyce Rachelle

"When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago."  --Friedrich Nietzsche

"Full many a storm on this gray head has beat; / And now, on my high station do I stand, / Like the tired watchman in his rocked tower, / Who looked for the hour of his release. / I'm sick of worldly broils, and fain would rest / With those who war no more. "  --Joanna Baillie's Ethwald

“It’s so overwhelming when you notice how the clock ticks; so many tiny pieces holding each other together just so it keeps going. We are like clocks, too! Always ticking to the tocks. When the pieces of our soul are torn away or broken – we can’t be sent to the mending shop, however. So how do we get better? Workable? Thoughts can be tiring, at times. Or maybe it’s the same time – who knows? The clock is broken. Meh.”  --Sijdah Hussain, Red Sugar, No More

“Ever felt tired? Like existentially tired? Where you lose the sense of identity, structures, language, reason, being and time. Where you can’t see a destination and you can’t find a return, where even when you return its not a return to yourself rather it is a turn to a realisation that you have lost yourself somewhere between ‘the you’ and ‘the self’ and this dichotomy of what you call ‘you’ cannot make you feel home anymore. You run and you keep running, not towards anything but away from everything; from people, from rules, from gods, from words, from love and from being you, for forever. So do you ever feel tired?”  --Huseyn Raza


“Somewhere along the way

I got tired

Tired of them

Tired of me

And tired of everything I have to carry on my shoulders.

Maybe it’s all I need right now

A place where I know no one

And no one knows my name

Somewhere so far away from

Their old faces,

All of their empty souls

And dusty places; 

Where I can reinvent myself all over again

They I’ve always wanted and loved to be ..”

― Samiha Totanji


“In whatever battle we're facing, we too often lose hope. And once we've lost hope we've not only lost the battle, we've lost everything else as well.”  ― Craig D. Lounsbrough

“Current Position: Tired from the human race.”  --Deyth Banger

“Here I am I am tired I am tired of running of having to carry my life like it was a basket of eggs”  ― William Faulkner, Light in August

"I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. That can't be right. I need a change, or something."  [Bilbo]  --J. R. R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

“The earth grieves, and I grieve, and I am weary of the fight”  --Sherryl Jordan, Winter of Fire

“It takes so much energy to keep things at bay.”  --Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees

“I don’t care about self I want out / of my story.”  --Maggie Nelson, Something Bright, Then Holes

“It wasn't merely fatigue. Although it continued to worry me how tired I was all the time. I had a strange sense of missing something, of being in the wrong place - no matter where I was.”   --Josh Lanyon, The Dark Tide

“I became good at pretending. I became so good that after a while the lines blurred between my truth and fiction. And sometimes, when I did a really good job of pretending, I even fooled myself.”  — Ruta Sepetys, Salt to the Sea

“If you could be anyone, would you choose to be yourself?”  — Naomi Shihab Nye, Habibi

“For the moment I am really very, very tired of everything - more than tired.”  — Friedrich Nietzsche, Selected Letters


“Yet now despair itself is mild,

Even as the winds and waters are;

I could lie down like a tired child,

And weep away the life of care

Which I have borne and yet must bear,

Till death like sleep might steal on me,

And I might feel in the warm air

My cheek grow cold, and hear the sea

Breathe o'er my dying brain its last monotony.”

— Percy Bysshe Shelley, Stanzas Written in Dejection Near Naples




No comments: